Stand: 1 Jul 2021
The Brose app was developed for eBikes with the Brose Drive System (i.e. Brose drive + Brose display + Brose battery). Use of the app is not possible until model year 2021. The Brose app is also compatible with bike brands or individual bike models of these brands, which are listed below. If the eBike is not included in the list, the Brose app can unfortunately not be used.
Here you can find an overview of the compatible eBikes .
If the eBike or the corresponding eBike model is not listed, the Brose app can unfortunately not be used at present. However, it is constantly being further developed and the list of compatible eBikes is continuously being added to.
The following technical requirements must be met to establish a connection between the smartphone and the eBike:
- the display on the eBike is switched on
- Bluetooth is activated on the smartphone
- The smartphone has a connection to the Internet
Please perform the following steps now:
- start the registration on the menu of the display
- follow the steps shown and put the display into "pairing mode"
- the smartphone now connects to the eBike via Bluetooth
- create an account with your e-mail address
Please check the following points:
- Take the battery out of the eBike, wait briefly, put the battery back in. This effectively "restarts" and you can perform the connection process in the app again.
- Reset the connection to the eBike on your smartphone. To do this, check that no other smartphone is connected to the eBike. You can see whether a smartphone is connected to the eBike by the Bluetooth symbol in the top left corner of the display.
- The eBike is connected to the smartphone and still no connection is established? Then follow point 3.1 and set the display to "pairing mode" again as described there.
- If there are too many Bluetooth devices (e.g. smartphones, smart homes, keyboards, etc.) in the vicinity, the connection may fail. Move the smartphone and eBike to a place where there are fewer devices.
- Check if the eBike is compatible with app. If the bike brand or model is not listed (see 3.2.), the Brose app cannot currently be used.
Go to the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone, press the i-button of the entry of your eBike and then "Ignore device".
Go to the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone, press the gear icon of your eBike's entry, press "disconnect" or "remove" depending on your smartphone.
Write us a message and we will be happy to fulfill your wish and get back to you immediately.
The data displayed in Komoot or Strava is based only on the GPS data you recorded. We also use the data of your eBike in our app. Therefore, there may be deviations in the data.
The prerequisite for uploading your route to Komoot or Strava is that you have connected to your Komoot or Strava account in the settings in the Brose app. Only then will every route you record be automatically uploaded to Komoot or Strava.
Strava connectivity is not yet implemented for the Android version of the app. However, we are working on making it available there as soon as possible.
If the button to start route recording is grayed out and inactive, please make sure that the smartphone is connected to the eBike. An active Bluetooth connection is required to start route recording. Sometimes it can take a little longer until your recorded route is uploaded to us. Please be patient.
With some Android smartphones it can happen that the calculated and displayed altitude meters do not correspond to reality. This has to do with the GPS chip installed in your smartphone. However, we are working on improving the calculation for these smartphones as well.
The remaining range shown on the display and in the app sometimes varies greatly. This is due to the following reasons: It always depends on the currently selected support level and the calculation is currently based on real consumption values instead of average values. We are working on calculating the remaining range even more precisely for you and your riding style in the future.